BREATHE EASY WITH COPD
“When you can’t catch your breath, that is all you can think about.”
Hospice of Huntington has a special Breathe Easy program especially for hospice patients with COPD.
COPD is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. It is a progressive and irreversible condition.
Hospice of Huntington’s Breathe Easy program helps you:
- Reduce feelings of breathlessness
- Avoid repeated ER visits and hospitalizations
- Learn how to control symptoms
When is the Breathe Easy program right for you?
If a hospice patient experiences one or more of the following, NOW is the time to call Hospice of Huntington:
- Shortness of breath at rest or with minimal exertion
- Spending the majority of the time in a chair
- Using two or more pillows for elevation during sleep
- Using oxygen most of the time
- A decrease in oxygen saturation in your blood
- Losing weight without trying
- Upper respiratory infections or failure
- Minimal relief from inhalers
- Frequent trips to the ER or hospital
Call us at (304) 529-4217 or (800) 788-5480 to request a free evaluation to determine if you are eligible for our Breathe Easy with COPD program.
“Hospice of Huntington works with your doctor to control the symptoms of COPD.”
The Breathe Easy program provides hospice patients with:
- Weekly nurse visits
- Individualized advanced symptom management and monitoring
- Family education and caregiver support
- Help available day or night when you are in a crisis
- Emergency kits for quick symptom relief
- Complete hospice services
“I have seen the difference that hospice makes. It’s not that my uncle wasn’t getting what he needed before, but this added another level of care.”
Family member of a COPD patient
Percentage of patients/caregivers reporting Hospice provided the right amount of help with breathing: